Sunday, August 27, 2017

Who we are...


Our personalities are complex. Humans are not simple creatures. We often wear many masks depending on our context with whom we are speaking too. For example, we are different around our principal than we are with our parents or our best friends. Yet, we do have dominate personality traits or likes that help define us that are recognizable to all who meet us. 


We have things in our lives that are very important to us. Symbolically these things may tell a significant part of our personal story. Many of you know I like Star Wars. It's hard to imagine someone knowing me and not knowing that. Even people who don't know me well, know I have an addiction to Starbucks. I like music that has loud guitars, and there isn't a visual dictionary on the planet that doesn't have my face as the definition of sarcasm. 

What about you?

What are symbols or visual cues that help tell your personal story?


What are some personality traits about you that help define who you are? 

Personally, I'd like to think I'm creative, intense, thoughtful, and enjoy laughing as much as a goldfish loves water. 


We are all different. Not everyone is like me. Our personal experiences are the root of our originality. What are your experiences that shaped you? Where do you want to go or what do you want to be? These dreams equally help define who you are. 


There may be a reality you see in yourself that has yet to manifest in the eyes of those around you. 


A self portrait is a safe way to explore the person you are or the person you want to become.


Most important enjoy defining how you want to be seen. You will always be your most important audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment